The Cloves are buds that are very popularly used in cooking and natural medicine. Are known for its distinct aroma and is used in various dishes. It is added in sweet and hot sauces to its unique flavor. Furthermore, cloves are widely used for medicinal purposes.
They provides only about 50 calories per 100 grams of consumption. It is high in carbohydrates and also contains high amounts of protein and dietary fiber. In addition, the cloves doesn’t contain cholesterol and are rich in many vitamins such as Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Vitamin K. Various minerals, such as sodium, potassium, calcium, zinc, iron, copper, magnesium and manganese can be obtained with its use.
– For the Mouth: Cloves oil is very beneficial for the mouth. It helps keep harmful microorganisms away from the mouth. Acetyl eugenol, beta-caryophyllene and vanillin, crategolic acids are essential oils that are found in them, which can suppress the tooth and gum bleeding. It can be applied directly on the affected area for immediate relief. Can be chewed after meals to remove bad breath and odor.
– Improve Digestion: Bitter taste helps to activate the digestive enzymes that aid in digestion of food. Flatulence can be avoided by their use. Eugenic acid and crategolic acid are the oils in cloves that help in digestion. Furthermore, cloves assist in smoothing the muscle coat in the digestive tract and relax it, sensation nausea can be prevented by chewing. Have a high fiber content can assist in the proper evacuation and can prevent constipation.
– For the Throat: The essential oils present in it helps prevent fever and sore throat. They have anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties that help to keep away the body of germs. The cloves also promotes sweating thereby helps in reducing fever. In addition, they are often chewed slowly to provide relief from sore throat and prevent coughing.
– Is rich in Vitamins: Is an important source of vitamin A and beta-carotene. They act as anti-oxidants, and prevents damage by harmful free radicals. Vitamin A is useful for viewing and helps protect the retina. It also supports the mucous membrane in the body. They help improve the body’s immunity and helps in the development of lymphocytes. These cells help fight harmful microorganisms and viral infections. Vitamin C helps rejuvenate and improve skin texture. Vitamin B6 also has to helps improve memory and improving cognitive activities. Vitamin K aids in heart protection and improves bone health.
– Reduce the hypotonic muscle: Helps in diseases such as multiple sclerosis.
– Reduce the levels of blood sugar: Ingestion of one or two teeth of India Carnation daily may be beneficial for Type 2 diabetes.
– Improve blood circulation: Help the blood to circulate which is important for the proper functioning of organs and cells.
– Reduce headaches: The cloves oil can be applied directly to the forehead to reduce headaches caused due to cold and migraines.
– Anti-inflammatory properties: It contains eugenol, which helps in reducing pain and swelling.
HOW TO CONSUME:
Is most widely used in powder form, normally used as part of a cooking recipe or to give the final touch in hot beverages for example. Is also find in dried flowers, widely used to make teas. Another commonly found format is oil extract that can be used in different ways, like in massages, compresses, analgesics, digestives, antiseptics, expectorants, etc. The fact that the cloves are a metabolism booster makes it contraindicated for pregnant women, as it can cause uterine contractions and induce premature labor. Excessive use can affect the health of the heart because it is a thermogenic agent.